Window painting London – Dulwich
In this window painting London case study Mrs. W contacted us regarding her sash windows that were in various states of disrepair. She was looking for a knowledgeable company that were able to sort out the many problems that she had on each window. She wanted her home to be more energy efficient also.
Case Study Details
Each window had a different problem. Some were simply in need of some new paint work. Many of the windows did not open correctly, some had some rotten parts and others needed a full restoration. We often deal with each window having its own unique problem so were able to reassure her that we could fix them all. We also made sure that when resolving the issues with her windows we would also reduce their draughtiness.
All the windows had to be extracted and taken off site to have the various work done on them. The frames were repaired and repainted on site. The sashes themselves were restored back to their former glory in our workshop. Any rotten parts were replaced and the rest of the windows were fully restored with a hand painted finish. She chose the colour and finish that she wanted. We used our standard Weathershield paint and took extra care to the critical locations where the paint would normally first show signs of wear and tear. The windows were also all re-weighed and re-corded so that they would open perfectly well again. Following the installation we did final touch ups to the paint to ensure the result was a very good one.
When we had completely finished all the work we had another happy customer. The windows were all looking similar again with no rot or flaky paint to be found. She could already tell how much warmer her house was and was thankful that we have made her home more energy efficient. The paint work was exactly how she had wanted and she was pleased that she chose to get all her windows fully decorated. She was really delighted with the finished product.